Monday, September 21, 2009

SUPERVISION SEPTEMBER 18th

So far:
I’ve created a preliminary literature list based on Anne M.’s advice and need to skim through the most important literature as soon as possible.

In this initial phase, Anne M. wants me to focus on multimodal affordances, the notion of self representation, and social semiotics.

Anne M. encourages me to look specifically if the modal affordances in my research data (which I haven’t clarified yet) involve something new. Furthermore, she points out that I should look at the ideological discourse and create a doxa, involving some work of the French sociologist Pierre Bourdieu and the Canadian sociologist and writer Erwing Goffman.

Anne M. suggests that I read:

- Jewitt, C., Technology, Literacy and Learning: A multimodal approach.
- Haliday, M.A.K.,
- Henry, J., Social Identity.
- Kress, G. and van Leeuwen, T., Reading Images: The grammar of visual design.
- Kress, G., Literacy in the New Media Age.
- Turkle, S., Life on the Screen.

In order to have time to read through the text before supervision, I’ll send it to Anne M. one week in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home